Sightseeing taxi charter with driver guide service
Custom charter taxi is a flexible and time-efficient way to enjoy your Okinawa experience all the more. The taxi driver speaks English or Chinese and will act as a tour guide so you can enjoy a focused sightseeing tour.
Sightseeing taxi service is based on a free plan: You can design your own Okinawa tour itinerary to suit your needs. Please provide us with the places that you would like to visit and we can estimate the time required for your route.
Since this is a time-based charter service, the rate is calculated according to how long you use the vehicle regardless of where you go or the number of places you visit. In addition, the driver is very flexible regarding sudden changes in itinerary to accommodate requests during your charter experience.
There are a limited number of English and Chinese-speaking drivers available. Thus, you are strongly encouraged to make a reservation as far in advance as possible, especially if your request is for a Cantonese-speaking driver.
The charter time starts when passengers board the vehicle at the pick-up point and ends when passengers exit the vehicle. Payment must be made in advance. If your charter runs over the time frame originally scheduled, the additional charges must be paid directly to the taxi driver in cash with Japanese yen.
*All prices listed include tax.
Wheelchair accessible taxis can also be arranged. Please contact us for details.
Available languages for charter plan: English / Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
Vehicle capacity: Standard taxi, 4 passengers
|4 hours||25,500 yen|
|5 hours||27,600 yen|
|6 hours||29,900 yen|
|7 hours||31,800 yen|
|8 hours||33,900 yen|
|9 hours||35,700 yen|
|10 hours||40,500 yen|
|Extra charge per hour
(For 10 hours and longer charters)
*Charter prices include the cost of vehicle, driver and fuel only. Highway tolls, parking fees, admission to tourist facilities and all other expenses that may occur during the charter service must be paid by the client on the spot. Please make sure you have some yen cash on hand on the day of service.
Recommended sightseeing routes
Suggested routes for a tour of the island, visiting World Heritage sites and sightseeing attractions. These are sample tours only for your reference; feel free to devise your own plan.
List the places you’d like to visit, and we can estimate the time required for your route.
A comprehensive web portal that allows you to quickly and easily search for sightseeing information on Okinawa: www.oki-islandguide.com
Southern Okinawa A
from 29,900 yen
Hamabe no Chaya (seaside cafe) - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo) - Peace Memorial Museum - Himeyuri Monument - Ryukyu Glass Craft
Southern Okinawa B
Ryukyu Glass Craft - Himeyuri Monument - Peace Memorial Museum - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo)
Southern Okinawa C
4 hours from
Japanese Navy Underground Headquarters - Himeyuri Monument - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo)
Historic sites & folk crafts A
4 hours from
Tamaudun - Shurei Gate - Shurijo Castle - Ryusen - Kinjo-cho’s stone-paved path - Tsuboya Yachimun Street (or Makishi Public Market)
World Heritage sites
10 hours from
Seifa Utaki - Shikina-en Garden - Shurijo Castle - Sonohyan Utaki Ishimon - Tamaudun - Nakagusuku Castle Ruins - Katsuren Castle Ruins - Nakijin Castle Ruins - Zakimi Castle Ruins
6 hours from
Nago Pineapple Garden - Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium - Kajinho (ocean view cafe) - Glass House in the Forest - Ryukyu Mura
Central & Southern Okinawa
7 hours from
Ryukyu Mura - Cape Manzamo - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo) - Peace Memorial Museum - Himeyuri Monument
Major sightseeing attractions
- - All rates shown above include tax.
- - Charter prices include the cost of vehicle, driver and fuel only. Highway tolls, parking fees, admission to tourist facilities and all other expenses that may occur during the charter service must be paid by the client on the spot. Please make sure you have some yen cash on hand on the day of service.
- - The charter time starts when passengers board the vehicle at the pick-up point and ends when passengers exit the vehicle.
- - Smoking is prohibited in all taxis.
- - The passenger limit for each vehicle is determined by law. If there is an increase in the number of passengers without advance notice on the day of the reservation, the charter may have to be canceled.
- - No money will be refunded if the charter is canceled due to violation of any of the rules listed above. If the vehicle is returned with a dirty interior, customer must pay for complete cleaning. Customer will be charged for any theft or damage to the vehicle if customer is deemed responsible.
- We, Island Life Concierge, act solely as an agent between the client and the service provider, and we are not liable for any injuries or deaths that may occur during the services reserved through us.
- - Cancellations made 4-6 days prior to the service date will be charged 30 percent of the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made 1-3 days prior to the service date will be charged 50 percent of the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made on the same day of service will be charged the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Please inform us of any cancellation at least one week prior to the service date in order to avoid any cancellation fees.
- - All cancellations must be received by Island Life Concierge during office hours. Office hours: Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00 (local Japanese time)
- - Reservations made by email or through the online reservation form: Two days in advance (reservations accepted until 17:00)
- - Phone reservations: By 17:00 the previous day
- - Last-minute reservations after the email/online reservation deadline can be accepted exclusively by phone.
- - Your inquiry will be responded to within two business days. If you would like a quick response, call us at 098-916-8593 or 090-1946-7593.
Service provided by
Okito Taxi Group
90-1 Kobashigawa, Nishihara Town