Sightseeing taxi charter with driver guide service
Custom charter taxi is a flexible and time-efficient way to enjoy your Okinawa experience. The taxi driver speaks English and will act as a tour guide so you can enjoy a focused sightseeing tour.
Sightseeing taxi service is based on a free plan: You can design your own Okinawa tour itinerary to suit your needs. Please provide us with the places that you would like to visit and we can estimate the time required for your route.
Since this is a time-based charter service, the rate is calculated according to how long you use the vehicle regardless of where you go or the number of places you visit. In addition, the driver is very flexible regarding sudden changes in the itinerary to accommodate requests during your charter.
There are only a limited number of English-speaking drivers on the island who can guide. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to first make a booking to secure the driver, and then work out the details of the tour as you learn more about what is available to see on the island.
The charter time starts when passengers board the vehicle at the pick-up point and ends when passengers exit the vehicle. Payment must be made in advance. If your charter runs over the originally scheduled time frame, additional charges must be paid directly to the taxi driver in cash in Japanese yen.
*All prices listed include tax.
Wheelchair-accessible taxis are available. Please contact us for details.
Available languages for the charter plan: English
The vehicles are standard-size taxis able to carry only 4 passengers (1 front and 3 rear). Also, there is only limited luggage space so you will not be able to take any large suitcases. Please plan your luggage storage accordingly.
Due to distance and traffic considerations, it is not possible to do 4 and 5-hour tours to the north of the island when departing from Naha and the southern areas.
|4 hours||28,000 yen|
|5 hours||29,800 yen|
|6 hours||33,000 yen|
|7 hours||36,000 yen|
|8 hours||39,000 yen|
|9 hours||43,000 yen|
|10 hours||47,000 yen|
|Extra charge per hour
(For 10 hours and longer charters)
*Charter prices include the cost of the vehicle, driver, and fuel only. Highway tolls, parking fees, admission to tourist facilities, and all other expenses that may occur during the charter service must be paid by the client on the spot. Please make sure you have some yen in cash on hand on the day of the service.
Recommended sightseeing routes
Suggested routes for a tour of the island, visiting World Heritage sites and sightseeing attractions. These are sample tours only for your reference; feel free to devise your own plan.
List the places you’d like to visit, and we can estimate the time required for your route.
A comprehensive web portal that allows you to quickly and easily search for sightseeing information on Okinawa: www.oki-islandguide.com
Southern Okinawa A
from 33,000 yen
Hamabe no Chaya (seaside cafe) - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo) - Peace Memorial Museum - Himeyuri Monument - Ryukyu Glass Craft
Southern Okinawa B
from 29,800 yen
Ryukyu Glass Craft - Himeyuri Monument - Peace Memorial Museum - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo)
Southern Okinawa C
from 28,000 yen
Japanese Navy Underground Headquarters - Himeyuri Monument - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo)
Historic sites & folk crafts A
from 28,000 yen
Tamaudun - Shurei Gate - Shurijo Castle - Ryusen - Kinjo-cho stone-paved path - Tsuboya Yachimun Street (or Makishi Public Market)
World Heritage sites
from 47,000 yen
Seifa Utaki - Shikina-en Garden - Shurijo Castle - Sonohyan Utaki Ishimon - Tamaudun - Nakagusuku Castle Ruins - Katsuren Castle Ruins - Nakijin Castle Ruins - Zakimi Castle Ruins
from 33,000 yen
Nago Pineapple Garden - Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium - Kajinho (ocean view cafe) - Glass House in the Forest - Ryukyu Mura
Central & Southern Okinawa
from 36,000 yen
Ryukyu Mura - Cape Manzamo - Okinawa World (Ryukyu Kingdom Castle Town, Gyokusendo) - Peace Memorial Museum - Himeyuri Monument
Major sightseeing attractions
- - All rates shown above include tax.
- - Charter prices include the cost of vehicle, driver and fuel only. Highway tolls, parking fees, admission to tourist facilities and all other expenses that may occur during the charter service must be paid by the client on the spot in yen. Please make sure you have some yen cash on hand on the day of service.
- - The charter time starts when passengers board the vehicle at the pick-up point and ends when passengers exit the vehicle.
- - Smoking is prohibited in all taxis.
- - The passenger limit for each vehicle is determined by law. If there is an increase in the number of passengers without advance notice on the day of the reservation, the charter may have to be canceled.
- - No money will be refunded if the charter is canceled due to violation of any of the rules listed above. If the vehicle is returned with a dirty interior, customer must pay for complete cleaning. Customer will be charged for any theft or damage to the vehicle if customer is deemed responsible.
- We, Island Life Concierge, act solely as an agent between the client and the service provider, and we are not liable for any injury or death that may occur during the services reserved through us.
- - Cancellations made 4-6 days prior to the service date will be charged 30 percent of the quoted full rate as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made 1-3 days prior to the service date will be charged 50 percent of the quoted full rate as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made on the same day of service will be charged the quoted full rate as a cancellation fee.
- - Please inform us of any cancellation at least one week prior to the service date in order to avoid any cancellation fees.
- - All cancellations must be received by Island Life Concierge during office hours. Office hours: Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00 (local Japanese time)
- - Reservations made by email or through the online reservation form: Five days in advance (reservations accepted until 12:00 noon)
Service provided by
Okito Taxi Group
90-1 Kobashigawa, Nishihara Town