Mangrove Kayak Tour on the Hija RiverDeparture from Kadena Town
This 2-seat kayak tour takes you along the mangrove-lined Hija River, where you’ll be able to see various creatures and plants. Since it takes only two hours, you can leave the rest of the day free for other activities and sightseeing. Ryukyu Mura, Murasaki Mura, Zakimi Castle Ruins, Cape Zanpa, Yachimun no Sato and more are located in the area. There are ten tours per day, each about two hours in duration.
* Please bring the following items: towel(s), change of clothes, sandals, cap or hat, plastic bottled soft drinks or water and insect repellent.
*We can accommodate a big group depending on availability. Please contact us for details.
*Please confirm meeting time in advance since it varies from season to season.
Meet at Umiashibi shop for signing up and getting changed
Explanatory session on how to paddle a kayak followed by a practice session
(Approximately 30 minutes)
- Explanation of how to use paddles and the various creatures possibly to be seen during a tour
Depart on the mangrove kayak tour (approximately 1 hour)
- Enjoy watching mangroves and their reflections in the water, various small creatures and more while listening to the guide’s narrative.
End of tour
10% discount for more than 4 people until the end of May
13 years and over 5800 → 5220 yen
12 years old and under 4800 → 4320 yen
Calculation example of 4 adults
* 5800 x 4 = 23200 - 10% = 20880 【Save 2320 yen!!】
- All prices listed include tax.
- The package is subject to cancellation due to weather or sea conditions.
- Participants are advised to protect themselves from sunburn.
- Be prepared to get wet, in particular slacks, shorts or skirts.
- Tours normally take place even in rainy weather, but it could be cancelled after a heavy rain or in case of events taking place on the river.
- Participants are required to always wear a lifejacket provided for safety reasons.
- We, Island Life Concierge, act solely as an agent between the client and the service provider, and we are not liable for any injuries or deaths that may occur during the activities reserved through us.
- Cancellations made two to four days prior to the service date will be charged 25 percent of the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 1 day prior to the service date and on the same day of service will be charged the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- Please inform us of any cancellation at least five days prior to the service date in order to avoid any cancellation fees.
- All cancellations must be received by Island Life Concierge during office hours. Office hours: Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00 (local Japanese time)
- A full refund will be issued for the tours canceled by the operator due to inclement weather, typhoon or other unforeseen circumstances.
- All reservations: Five days in advance (reservations accepted until 15:00)
- Space is limited. Reserve as far in advance as possible for the best chance of securing your preferred date.
- Your inquiry will be responded to within two business days. If you would like a quick response, call us at 098-916-8593 or 090-1946-7593.
Service provided by
468 Mizugama, Kadena Town