Raft fishingDeparture from Chatan Town
Try your hand at raft-based fishing off Araha, set up by the Chatan Fisheries Cooperative. Conducted in a raft large enough to accommodate up to 40 people, participants rarely complain of seasickness. You can show up empty-handed and join in the fishing, as equipment rental (including rod, reel, lure and bait) is included in the price. A variety of fish ranging from horse mackerel to chromis notate (suzumedai) can be caught. Enjoy the sights on a peaceful sea, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Minimum of participants required
*Adults: Junior high school students and over; children: 6 years old to elementary school students
*From the beach pier to the raft is about 3 minutes by boat.
*Boat fare of 500 yen is required for observers/accompanying adults who will not be fishing.
- - All prices listed include tax.
- - The activity is subject to cancellation due to weather and sea conditions, especially during the months between December and February, when a strong north wind blows and the sea often becomes rough in Okinawa.
- - We, Island Life Concierge, act solely as an agent between the client and the service provider, and we are not liable for any injuries or deaths that may occur during the activities reserved through us.
- - Cancellations made 2 days prior to the service date will be charged 25 percent of the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made 1 day prior to the service date will be charged 50 percent of the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Cancellations made on the same day of service will be charged the full rate quoted as a cancellation fee.
- - Please inform us of any cancellation at least three days prior to the service date in order to avoid any cancellation fees.
- - All cancellations must be received by Island Life Concierge during office hours. Office hours: Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00 (local Japanese time)
- - A full refund will be issued for the activities canceled by the operator due to inclement weather, typhoon or other unforeseen circumstances.
High season (April-October)
- Reservations made by email or through the online reservation form: By 15:00 the day before the desired date
Low season (November-March)
- All reservations: Three days in advance (reservations accepted until 17:00)
- Phone reservations: Any time during normal business hours
- Last-minute reservations after the email/online reservation deadline can be accepted exclusively by phone. Same-day reservations accepted during the high season, although advance reservations are strongly recommended to avoid waiting time.
- Your inquiry will be responded to within two business days. If you would like a quick response, call us at 098-916-8593 or 090-1946-7593.
Service provided by
Chatan Uminchu no Kai Ltd.
4 Minato, Chatan Town